John Wayne Gacy was a serial killer who murdered more than 30 teenage boys and young men from 1972 to 1978. Gacy invites young men to come to his place to drink beers.
He rapes them, tortures them all night, strangles them, and buries most of the victims in the crawl space beneath his home. Gacy was finally arrested on December 21, 1978, and confessed to the brutal killings of teenage boys. Most of the victims are identified through dental records and DNA, but six remain nameless.
The Identified List of Victims
Timothy Jack McCoy (January 3, 1972)
– He was the first known victim of John Gacy, the clown killer. McCoy spends the night at Gacy’s house. Gacy told the investigators that he stabbed the boy in the chest and buried him in the crawl space under the kitchen floor.
John Butkovitch (July 31, 1975)
– John was an 18 years old boy who worked in the Gacy construction company. John was disappeared after an argument with John Wayne over a paycheck and later found buried under the Gacy house.
Darrell Sampson (April 6, 1976)
– A 19-year-old boy’s body was found in Gacy’s crawl space under the dining room.
Randall Reffett (May 14, 1976)
– Reffett was last seen walking home from school. Later his body was found under the front door of Gacy’s house on Dec 25, 1978. He was identified by an X.Ray which includes his jaw and some teeth.
Samuel Stapleton (May 14, 1976)
– Sam was a young 14-year-old boy who went missing on May 13, 1976, during a walk home from his sister’s place. Later found buried with Randell Reffett in Gacy’s crawl space.
Michael Bonnin (June 3, 1976)
– A body in Gacy’s crawl space is identified as Michael Bonnin on Jan 6, 1979. the investigator found a fishing license from Gacy’s house, which belongs to Bonnin.
William Carroll (June 13, 1976)
– A Body was discovered in Gacy’s crawl space and later confirmed with dental records. He was disappeared on his elder brother’s birthday, June 13, 1976.
James Haakenson (August 5, 1976)
– James’ body was confirmed after 40 years after the DNA supplied by relatives.
Rick Johnston (August 6, 1976)
– Rich went to a rock concert and was later buried in Gacy’s crawl space.
Kenneth Parker and Michael Marino (October 25, 1976)
– Both friends went missing on the same day. They are strangled and buried under Gacy’s house.
William Bundy (October 26, 1976)
– Worked for PDM construction and went missing one day after telling his family he was going to the party. He was one of the unknown victims found in Gacy’s crawl space.
Gregory Godzik (December 12, 1976)
– His body remaining was found in the crawl space. Police found Gregory’s wallet during a search of Gacy’s house.
John Szyc (January 20, 1977)
– Investigators found a Szyc ring at Gacy’s house. A 19-year-old boy was another victim of John Wayne Gacy.
Jon Prestidge (March 15, 1977)
– He comes to Chicago to visit his friend and later was found under Gacy’s house.
Matthew Bowman (July 5, 1977)
– He was murdered with a strangled robe in his neck and buried under the Gacy’s house.
Robert Gilroy (September 15, 1977)
– The son of a police sergeant is missing who lives four-block away from Gacy, but there is no link connected.
John Mowery (September 25, 1977)
– He was a 19-year-old boy who completed his marine course when we return to Chicago. He never returned when we visit the Gacy’s house for work inquire.
Russell Nelson (October 17, 1977)
– He was last seen at a dance club. His remaining found in the crawl space.
Robert Winch (November 10, 1977)
– Robert was 16 years old when John Wayne Gacy murdered him.
Tommy Boling (November 18, 1977)
– He was disappeared on Nov 18, 1977. His wedding ring at Gacy’s place confirmed that Boling was also a victim of John Wayne.
David Talsma (December 9, 1977)
– His body was found at Gacy’s crawl space and later identified by the X.Ray of his arm.
William Kindred (February 16, 1978)
– From some reports, the Kindred was pickup by Gacy’s near Diversey Parkway and never seen after that.
Timothy O’Rourke (June 1978)
– Tim’s body was discovered near the bridge into Illinois’ Des Plains River.
Frank Landingin (November 4, 1978)
– Frank’s body was found near Des Plainer River, and he was died of strangled, not drowning.
James Mazzara (November 24, 1978)
– James went missing on Thanksgiving Day. His body was found near Des Plainer river but the evidence of murder was found in Gacy’s house.
Robert Piest (December 11, 1978)
– He is the final victim of Gacy. After went missing Robert police investigate Gacy’s house and found 29 out of 33 victims.
The Un-identified List of Victims
Victim no 1
– The unidentified white male was between 14 and 18 years old and went on missing from Jan 3, 1972, to July 31, 1975.
Victim no 2
– The reports say that he was murdered between June to August 1976.
Victim no 3
– He had a dental problem at the time of the murder and he was 18 to 22 years old.
Victim no 4
– The unidentified male was around 15 to 24 years old at the time of the murder.
Victim no 5
– He was disappeared between March 15, 1977, to July 5, 1977.
Victim no 6
– At the time of murder his left clavicle broken and was between 17 to 21 year old.